Entries are now open!
All the info you need to know to enter Ultra-Trail Australia by UTMB, including race date, start times, check-in, entry fees, inclusions, key dates, entry policies, deferral, withdrawal, transfer and race rules.
RACE DATE: 16-19 May 2024
DISTANCES: 100km, 50km, 22km, 11km
- UTA11 - Thursday 11:00am
- UTA22 - Friday 6:20am
- UTA100 - Saturday 6:20am
- UTA50 - Saturday 6:32am
EVENT HUB: Scenic World, Katoomba NSW. Read more about the event hub.
ATHLETE CHECK-IN: View check-in locations and times in the event schedule.
You will need to provide photo ID (preferably a drivers licence or passport) and your mandatory gear/pre-inspection certificate to be issued with your race pack.
EVENT MOBILE APP: Everything UTA at your fingertips find out more.
12 Sep-30 Nov
1 Dec -7 Mar
8 Mar-16 May
|UTA50 - SOLD OUT
|UTA22 - SOLD OUT
Prices are inclusive of GST. This payment will be processed by ACTIVE Network in the United States. Some banks may charge a small transaction fee according to their policies. This fee is not charged by ACTIVE Network or IRONMAN. Please contact your bank for further information.
|12 September 2023 11am AEST
|UTMB Index Priority Entries open
|14 September 2023 11am AEST
|24 February 2024 11:59pm
|45% refundable entry ends
|24 March 2024 11:59pm
|Name tee cut-off
|6 April 2024 11:59pm
|22% refundable entry ends
|6 April 2024 11:59pm
|Personalised bib cut-off
|15 May 2024 5pm
|Entry transfers close
ENTRY PRICES INCLUDE
- Race entry
- Epic trails and good times
- Race number with timing chip
- Drop bag service
- Event mobile app
- On-course medical support
- Breathtaking scenery
- Checkpoints/water points
- Finisher medal
- UTA Belt buckle for the chosen few!
- Athlete t-shirt (UTA100, UTA50)
- Athlete gift (UTA100, UTA50, UTA22, UTA11)
- Awards and prizes (if you're fast enough)
- Friends... lots of new friends
- On-course photography (purchased at registration or post-event)
- A life-changing experience
How the waitlist works
Ultra-Trail Australia by UTMB has runner entry capacities. When a runner withdraws from the race and requests the available refund through race management, their entry is cancelled and a position in the race may become available.
If entries do become available, those on the waitlist will get first access to take up the spots. We will be sure to notify all runners on the waitlist when these entries may become available.
Waitlist entries will be offered at the current price on the date of purchase.
To apply to be on the Ultra-Trail Australia by UTMB waitlist Click Here
UTMB INDEX PRIORITY REGISTRATION
In 2024, holders of a valid UTMB Index, will have 48-hour priority access to a limited allocation of entries, starting at 11 AM AEST on 12 September 2023.
**UTMB Index Priority Registration is now SOLD OUT. Try your luck at General Entries opening 11am AEST 14 September. ** Priority registration gives UTMB Index Holders first access and the best chance to secure their spot at the start line!
If you have completed a UTMB Index Race (there’s over 4,000 worldwide) in the past two years, you will have a valid UTMB Index. To see if you have a valid UTMB Index and to set up your My UTMB account click here: UTMB Index.
HOW TO ACCESS PRIORITY REGISTRATION
For UTMB Index holders, to ensure you have a smooth registration process here’s a few tips:
- Ensure you have set-up your free My UTMB Account.
- During registration for UTA, enter your first name, last name, and date of birth exactly the way it appears in your My UTMB Account – the system will recognise your details and allow you to progress your registration.
- There is only a limited allocation of priority registrations available for UTMB Index holders, and they may sell out before 48hrs is up – first come, first served! If you miss out, please try again when general registrations open.
The priority entry link for UTMB Index holders will be emailed to runners and available by clicking enter now on the website. Only runners with a valid index will be able to access registration.
If you aren’t eligible for priority registration, you can register from 11 AM AEST on 14 September 2023 when General Entries go on sale.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
There is no pre-requisite of competing or finishing any trail running event to participate in the UTA100. However, participating in UTMB World Series events, trail running events and half/marathon distance road running events will assist with your start group seeding.
All participants of the UTA100 should be experienced in trail running, including sufficiently skilled and trained to undertake a trail run event. The course is tough, demanding and is remote in sections that can result in slower first aid / rescue response times. It is a combination of fire trail, narrow walking tracks, some very steep sections on staircases, ladders, river/creek crossings, dirt, on rock and sections that are rough under foot.
It is the participants responsibility to ensure you are physically fit enough to complete the distance you have entered and monitor your health and condition during the event, including knowing when to withdraw from the event if you are no longer fit enough to continue.
If you cannot participate in the event, entry fee refunds are available in accordance with the below stated Athlete Withdrawal dates only. After the stipulated dates, entry fees are non-refundable for withdrawals initiated by the athlete. Requests for refunds must be notified to the organiser in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELIGIBLE ATHLETE WITHDRAWAL REFUNDS
Where eligible, please allow up to 30 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customer service team when requesting the eligible refund.
- 45% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to 11:59pm (AEDT) on 24th February 2024
- 22% of entry fee refundable for athlete withdrawal requests made up to 11:59pm (AEDT) on 6th April 2024
*Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by IRONMAN to a third-party service provider such as Sportograf photo packages, medal engraving, Squadrun training packages, charity donations are not refundable.
**Athletes who have deferred into this event from a previous year or transferred into this event from another event or entered the event through the use of an Event Credit are not eligible for athlete withdrawal refunds.
Please note: This event takes place in Katoomba, New South Wales, Australia. It is each athlete’s sole responsibility to ensure that they can attend (including Race Check-In during specified times) and compete in the event on the day. Other than as provided for in the Athlete Withdrawal program set out above or the Enter with Confidence deferral options below, no further remedies will be provided for change of mind, change of personal circumstances, or injury.
If you decide to withdraw at the event after collecting your race kit at Check-In, please advise Event Information onsite. If you need to withdraw on race day, your details must be recorded by the Drop Out Clerk located at Event Information.
Athletes can request to transfer their entry to a lesser or greater race distance up until such time as that race distance is sold out, subject to the following terms:
- To request a transfer from one race distance to another, athletes need to email their request to email@example.com.
- Transferring to a greater distance: Where an athlete requests to transfer to a greater distance and space is available, the athlete is required to pay the difference in entry fees between the two distances.
- Transferring to a shorter distance: Where an athlete requests to transfer to a shorter distance and space is available, the difference in entry fees will not be refunded.
- Athletes who deferred their race entry, are required to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a change in distance.
Athletes can transfer their race entry to someone else in accordance with the below stated Person to Person Transfer date. Athletes receiving any type of entry transfer as listed below will be seeded into a start group based upon their start group request and the start group seeding information, they provide within their entry form at the time of entry. Their approved start group is not dependent upon the original runner's start group request or approved start group however it is very important to read the information regarding start groups as it will assist in how to provide suitable start groups seeding information and how to make a suitable start group request.
- From event opening to 5:00pm (AEDT) 15th May 2024 a transfer fee of $55AUD including all fees and taxes will be charged to the withdrawing athlete. No person-to-person transfers accepted after this date.
- Athletes can formally transfer their entry to someone else within the same distance event already entered.
- Any other additional purchases, already paid for on your behalf by the Event Operator to a third-party service provider such as Sportograf photo packages, medal engraving, Squadrun training packages, charity donations are not refundable and will not be transferred with your entry.
- It is not possible to transfer your entry to someone else who is wanting to do a different distance event (i.e. UTA100 to UTA50).
- To transfer an entry to someone else, the initial registrant must log in to their ACTIVE MyEvents account, select Transfer Registration and follow the necessary steps. Please note: the receiving athlete will be sent a link to complete the registration and will need to pay for the entry (at the current entry price) in order for the transfer to process, then the original athlete will be refunded their entry fee less the relevant transfer fee as outlined above, including all fees and taxes.
- Athletes who deferred their race entry are required to contact email@example.com to request a Person to Person transfer.
**As stated in the Event Waiver, under no circumstance are you permitted to give your bib to another person. The safety of our athletes is paramount, therefore we need to ensure we have correct details of all our athletes on course.
UTMB have released the UTMB World Series Pregnancy Policy, which applies to this event.
The full UTMB World Series Pregnancy Policy is available. A summary of this policy is included below for guidance. The full policy will apply to the extent of any inconsistency.
Eligible athletes (as outlined below) are able to request a full refund OR defer their entry for up to 2 years to the same race and distance as originally entered.
|MINIMUM DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED
|A female athlete where pregnancy is known between the date of entering and the date of the race.
|Medical certificate confirming pregnancy.
|The partner of a person who is pregnant, with a due date less than 3 months before, and no more than 3 months after the race date.
|Medical certificate confirming pregnancy and proof of relationship or residence with the pregnant person.
|parents who are adopting or birthing via surrogacy less than 6 months before race day.
|Adopting or birth certificate with an official date of less than 6 months before race day.
Requests for a refund or deferral in accordance with the UTMB World Series Pregnancy Policy must be notified to the organiser in writing via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests must be made prior to the race. For races that require a valid UTMB Index, athletes choosing to defer their entry must ensure their index is valid at the time they choose to participate in the race.
For eligible athletes requesting a refund, please allow up to 90 business days for your refund to be processed. The refund is automatically issued to the credit card originally used to pay for the registration. If this card has since been cancelled or has expired, it is the athlete’s responsibility to notify our customers service team when requesting the eligible refund.
No deferral option available.
The safety of all athletes on course is our priority. Our event team considers each race/event individually to determine the entry requirements. Due to course conditions, Ultra-Trail Australia by UTMB is not suitable to be completed using wheelchairs or with prams across all distances. While this race is not suitable, our goal is to make everyone's racing dreams a reality so if you would like information on other events where the course is able to accommodate wheelchair participation or any other course accessibility needs, please email us at email@example.com.
To the extent of any inconsistency between the UTA Race Rules and the UTMB World Series Race Regulations, the UTA Race Rules will prevail. These UTMB World Series Race Regulations apply to the extent permissible under the laws of Australia.